Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cigar Review: Solid Staple Cigar

So, this week I have had the pleasure of enjoying two of these completely affordable, yet tasty gems; the Rocky Patel Edge (Maduro). A little history, this cigar was released in 2004 with no advertisement and little fanfare. I was introduced to it as a giant box of a hundred and they, at the time had no label. But within one week of my local tobbaconist having them in stock, they were gone. They have grown in popularity since.

A simple light tan band for the where you light the cigar denotes this to be the the Rocky Patel Edge Maduro. Don't let the generic look of these fool you, it is a fantastic smoke for the price per stick, which is about $7.50 to $8.00. These can be found at your local tobacconist's in large wooden crates, usually number around a hundred sticks in each crate. They come in a variety of Maduro, Natural and Lite. Now, I personally am I fan of Maduro's period, but this is definitely a must.

With a rich and robust wooded flavor that subtly tingles your taste buds with a smooth finish, and a nice, even gray ash that hangs for some time. Its is well made and feels firm, with a good draw, in fact, I've not run across a problem yet. I find it to be affordable enough to fill your humidor as a great everyday smoke. Though this is a medium cigar, this should not be enjoyed on an empty stomach. Pair this up with a bold coffee, I personally recommend the seasonal 'Brazilian-Ipanema Bourbon' as an excellent selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need to Search?