Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Don't punch it, Spike it! New Cigar Spike "punch"

Hey everyone, Cigar Czar here today to bring you a new product review. I was originally introduced to this product through an email I had received. In it was a link to a page for a new type of cigar punch called the Cigar Spike. I took a look and was intrigued. I found it was a triangular piece of plastic that was sharpened at one end. To use, you simply push the sharpened end into the capped end of the cigar, then viola, you’re ready to begin smoking.

A little history on the Cigar Spike, when I asked Bryan, the creator, how the Cigar Spike was developed, I was told, “I've been involved in music for years and been smoking better cigars in the last few. Initially started making the Cigar Spikes out of my guitar player buddy’s old guitar picks for myself...then started buying a few extra picks to make them for my friends. Everybody seemed to like how they worked...so Cigar Spike was born.”

In a recent press release, they state, ““Try the new “Cigar Spike™” and it is worth a try. Unlike cutting or punching the “Spike” pierces a hole in the end of cigars creating the perfect opening for a smooth draw. The “Cigar Spike™” has several advantages over customary methods including; preventing loose tobacco from entering the user’s mouth, compact size fits easily on key chains or in wallets, never dulls like cutter blades, serves as a gauge allowing use with any size cigar and the price is lower than any other existing tool. The “Cigar Spike™” is now available in black or blue and the maker has plans for future spikes in a variety of colors and materials including gold…Don’t be surprised to see other “Cigar Spike™” related merchandise including shirts, gaming tokens and golf accessories.”

Bryan sent me a few to try, and I was impressed with how sharp they actually were. So I decided to take one for a test spin using an H. Upmann Petite Corona, I took my Cigar Spike and gently pushed about a half inch in. It created a nice clean hole and there was no debris, true to its press release. I did experience a bit of a hard draw, but wasn’t sure if it was due to the Cigar Spike, or the roll of the cigar. After smoking about half way, the draw had not eased up, so to confirm if it was an issue with the Cigar Spike or the roll, I took my trusty cutter, and cut the cap clean off, took several puffs, and the draw had not changed, indicating a problem with the cigar, not the Cigar Spike. The only thing I had noticed after cutting was that the flavor of the cigar had ‘opened up’ a little more, seemed less harsh, but that simply comes down to a flavor preference.

Overall my experience with the Cigar Spike was enjoyable. Right now they are also offering an introductory price as 3 Spikes for $2.99. If you want to learn more and see for yourself, the Cigar Spike, you can look at their website www.CigarSpike.com. Or contact them through their mailing address:

Cigar Spike, LLC
6668 Orchard Lake Road
Suite 206
West Bloomfield, Michigan 48322

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need to Search?