Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cigar Review: Tatuaje Serie P2

Hello all, well yesterday was a bit of a stressful day so after a hard days work, I headed down to Edwards Pipe and Tobacco in wonderful Fort Collins, and after a long decision making period, hard to do with only a $5 bill and a bunch of change to total $6.40, options are kinda small on a good, de-stressing smoke. So, I finally decided on a Tatuaje Serie P2 cigar, they were out of P3's, the toro being my favorite size.

Now, I know my previous blog regarding the Tatuaje Red Label Havana VI, was not sterling, but I figured since now the "hub-bub" regarding Tatuaje seems to be escalating, I figure I'd investigate a little more. Boy was I glad I did! The construction on this cigar was flawless! Beautiful lines, wonderful reddish-brown color, with a hint of vein in a wrapper that held the wonders inside! It was the perfect amount of tension of wrapper and binder over the filler creating a very nice draw. Not too firm and not too airy. Cutter cut clean with no debris and the wrapper stayed quite nicely. As the cigar burned it started to go a bit 'wonky', but then evened out just before the first 1/4 mark. The ash however was an unremarkable color and would not cling long, the longest I was able to get the ash to cling was just about one inch. The only bad note I'd have to say regarding construction was within the last inch and a half, the wrapper began to unravel and the stub became very squishy to hold.

Now, the real treat came when lighting it. As soon as flame met cigar my tongue was inundated with a wonderful sweet, spiced peppers flavor! I mean this was fantastic! This flavor remained almost throughout the whole cigar. About halfway through the spice bit a little more and the sweetness mellowed out and a third flavor gave character, but I could not say with certainty what it was. I want to say almost like a chocolaty coffee, but not quite. Towards the end the spice picked up a touch more and became a bit bitter, but that may have to do with the previous sweetness of the cigar not being as strong now. After all was said and done, this did not leave a foul flavor in my mouth and my overall experience with this cigar, has shown me why Tatuaje was just ranked the most popular and sought after brand by Cigar Aficionado.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need to Search?